Fandom

Video Games Fanon

Azumanga Party Board Game

3,131pages on
this wiki
Add New Page
Comments0 Share
Azumanga Party Board Game
Azumanga Party Board Game Box Art 4
Box Art (Bandai CD Revolution)
Developer Hudson Soft
Azumanga Interactive
Publisher Bandai Namco Games
Platform Bandai Extreme
Bandai Revolution
Bandai CD
Bandai CD Revolution
Bandai Chaos
Bandai PocketTurbo
Bandai PocketTurbo Plus
Genre Party Game
Modes 4 Players
Ratings K-A for Kids to Adults

Azumanga Party Board Game is a party game featuring the Azumanga Daioh franchise characters developed by Hudson Soft and Azumanga Interactive, and published by Bandai Namco Games for the Bandai Extreme, Bandai Revolution, Bandai CD, Bandai CD Revolution, Bandai Chaos, Bandai PocketTurbo, and Bandai PocketTurbo Plus.

Mainly the games are similar to Mario Party series except with Azumanga Daioh characters. The host of the games is Yukari Tanizaki.

GameplayEdit

Azumanga Party Board Game has several modes available to play in each game, each of which provides its own rules and challenges.

Party ModeEdit

The game has a standard Party Mode in which up to four players play through a board, trying to collect as many shinny blue stars as possible. In every turn, each player rolls a dice and progresses on the board, which usually has branching paths. Chiyo Dad coins are primarily earned by performing well in a minigame played at the end of each turn. On most boards, players earn blue stars by reaching a star space and purchasing a star for a certain amount of coins. The star space appears randomly on one of several pre-determined locations and moves every time a star is purchased, usually occupying a blue space.

Azumanga Party Board Game contains at least 50 to 90 minigames with a few different types. Four-player games are a free-for-all in which players compete individually. In 2-on-2 and 1-on-3 minigames, players compete as two groups, cooperating to win, even though they are still competing individually in the main game. In most situations, winners earn ten coins each.

Battle minigames are like the 4-player games, but instead of winners earning ten coins each, each player contributes a randomly selected number of coins (or all coins if the player falls short of the pot amount). The winner of the minigame receives approximately 70% of the pot, the second place winner receives the other 30%, and a random player occasionally gets coins left over from rounding.

Duel minigames pit two players against each other. In Party Mode, one player initiates the duel, wagering coins or even a star against another player. The winner of the duel receives all coins or stars wagered.

Dark-Father minigames is where players try to avoid losing the games. When a player loses, they must give up coins, stars or items.

At the end of the game, bonus stars can be awarded to players.

Minigame ModeEdit

In addition to Party mode, Azumanga Party Board Game has a minigame mode in which minigames are played without the board game. Minigame modes vary from game to game, but each different port of the game has many different variations.

Playable CharactersEdit

There are 9 playable characters (unless noted):

Character Name Note
Chiyo Chan (1st-2nd Year) Chiyo Chan None
Osaka Osaka None
Tomo (1st Year) Tomo None
Yomi Yomi None
Kagura Kagura None
Sakaki Sakaki None
Kaorin Kaorin Not included in the:
Bandai Chaos version
Bandai PocketTurbo version
Chihiro Chihiro Not included in the:
Bandai Extreme version
Bandai Revolution version
Bandai Chaos version
Bandai PocketTurbo version
Bandai PocketTurbo Plus version
Oku Kimura's Wife/Oku Not included in the:
Bandai Chaos version
Bandai PocketTurbo version
Bandai PocketTurbo Plus version

PortsEdit

Each version of the game are different despite the games having the same name.

  • The Bandai Extreme, Revolution, and PocketTurbo Plus versions are similar to Mario Party Advance for Game Boy Advance.
  • The Bandai CD, and CD Revolution versions are similar to Mario Party 2 for the Nintendo 64.
  • The Bandai Chaos, and PocketTurbo versions have gameplay elements from Winnie The Pooh's Adventures In The Hundred Acre Wood for Game Boy Color.

Box ArtEdit

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.