|Chiyo Chan's Illusional Adventure|
|Publisher|| Bandai Namco Games|
|Ratings||E for Everyone|
Chiyo Chan's Illusional Adventure is a platform video game based on the characters from Azumanga Daioh for the Bandai Chaos. It was developed by Azumanga Interactive, published by Bandai Namco Games and co-published by Kemco.
The game is a hack of the 1993/1992 NES/Famicom game "Kid Klown in Night Mayor World"/"Mickey Mouse III: Dream Balloon".
Chiyo Chan and her classmates Miruchi & Yuka were playing jumprope, when suddenly, Dark-Father (an evil version of Chiyo-Father) comes in and kidnaps Chiyo's classmates. Now she has to travel through a strange illusional world ruled by Chiyo-Father to save her classmates and stop Dark-Father.
The player character, Chiyo Chan, carries balloons with which she can attack, jump higher, or float. Including the introduction level, there are seven levels throughout the game, each with its own unique theme. At the every end of each level, there is a bonus stage. The player is able to collect extra lives and extra energy in the bonus stage.
Like the NES port of Dream Balloon as Kid Klown, it has major changes on the enemies and bosses. Now it features animals from Azumanga Daioh and several made exclusively for the game.
Some of the BGM in the game are also changed:
- The title screen and the first half of the first cutscene uses the Azumanga Daioh theme Soramimi Cake.
- Dark-Father's theme (from the 2nd half of the first cutscene and when you enter to the final level) uses one of the music score from Azumanga Daioh Hoshi furu yoru.
- The stage screen uses Chiyo's song Tukurimasyou!.
- The 2nd cutscene theme (when Chiyo Chan enters into the Chiyo-Father's illusional world) uses one of the music score from Azumanga Daioh Another Chiyo.
- The ending theme uses one of the music score from Azumanga Daioh 6 nin wa Itsudemo Issho.