The gameplay consists of two teams, consisting of 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4, going against one another and attempting to take down the enemy team's base castle. The base castle is a location where the player's character can purchase better troops, upgrade abilities, purchase and sell items, among more. The worse the condition of your castle, the worse your options from it will be, so there is motivation to keep your castle strong.
Characters come in six classes:
- Warriors, the most balanced of the classes. They usually have evenly distributed stats.
- Brutes, which rely on physical attacks and brute strength for they're abilities. They usually have high HP and defense, making them difficult to defeat.
- Assassins, which rely on speed and physical attacks. Some assassins rely mostly on stealth abilities.
- Mages, which rely on ranged attacks and magical defense. They can set up traps for opponents and heal allies and troops.
- Tanks, while not as offensive as brutes, are equally defensive, at the expense of usually having poor HP.
- Assistants, which have mostly poor stats, but have high HP and rely on assisting your team, and can become very important.
Update 1 (06/06/14)Edit
|Goombas are the weakest troops, and are the minions you have at the start of every game. They have poor stats and weak attack power. Until you can purchase better troops, this is what you're stuck with. Goombas are free.||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed|
|Koopa Troopas have decent defense and HP, though they are very slow and have poor attack power. After defeat, they're shells can be used as a weapon. Koopa Troopas cost 10 gold.||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed|
|Paratroopas are very similar to Koopa Troopas, except they fly, so they remain above the crowds, but have to get in close to attack. They are definitely faster. Paratroopas cost 10 gold.||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed|
|Dry Bones are much slower than they're living counterparts. However, they have higher defense, HP, and attack. Dry Bones can actually be revived by mages and are immune to fire damage. Dry Bones cost 15 gold.||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed|
|Hammer Bros. have overall decent stats and can attack from a distance by throwing hammers. They can also use hammers as melee weapons. Hammer Bros. cost 45 gold.||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed|
|Only one Boom Boom can be summoned at a time. Boom Booms rely on devastating power above all else. They also have high defense are are difficult to defeat, especially for lower leveled teams. Boom Booms cost 145 gold.||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed|
|Update 1 (06/06/14)|
|Lakitus are aerial troops. They're main method of attack is tossing Spiny Eggs, which can spawn Spinies on the battle field. Lakitus cost 35 gold.||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed|
|Spinies mainly wander around and ram into opponents they see. They can either be purchased for 5 gold, or a Lakitu troop can summon them on the battlefield for no additional cost.||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed|
|Monty Moles burrow underground for the majority of the time and only pop up quickly to damage opponents. They can only be damaged when above ground or stunned. Monty Moles cost 40 gold.||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed|
- Mushroom Castle: A medium sized arena. Very simple and straight forward arena. Has no hazards on it, and is often used for beginners and tutorials.
- Yoshi's Island: A medium-small sized arena. Trees along the pathways grow fruit that can be used to replenish your health. Hazards include Piranha Plants.
- Bowser's Castle: A medium-large sized arena. A map that forces you to stay on your guard at all times. Hazards include lava, Podoboos, and Bowser Statues.
|Super Mushrooms restore 25 HP to your character.|
|Fire Flowers give characters a projectile that deals Fire elemental damage.|
|Update 1 (06/06/14)|
|Ice Flowers give characters a projectile that deals Ice elemental damage.|
|Super Stars make your character invincible for a short period of time.|
|Super Leaves give your character a raccoon's tail and ears and allows them to temporarily fly and hover.|