|This page is under construction.|
Please excuse its informal appearance while it is being worked on, as formatting may be changed over time. We hope to have this page completed as soon as possible!
|Spyro vs. The Dark Master|
|Platform|| Nintendo Wii|
|Release||March 1, 2012|
|Modes||Single player with multiple endings|
|Series||Spyro the Dragon|
It is Christmas Eve and Spyro is celebrating Christmas with his friends until the celebration gets interrupted by a shadow being known as the Black Master. He tells Spyro and the others that he and Malefor will destroy the world in 68 days (March 1, 2012). Now Spyro must set out on a journey with his friends and allies in order to save the world.
- Spyro the Dragon is the protagonist in the game. He is an adventurous young purple male dragon who tries to save the world no matter what. He is playable in all levels.
- Sparx the Dragonfly is Spyro's dragonfly companion who protects Spyro (or another playable character in a Failure storyline). from most hits but loses health every time he does so. Eating butterflies makes him regain his health. He isn't playable in any level but he appears in all levels except Malefor's Lair.
- Ember is a pink female dragon who has a huge crush on Spyro. She loves special days of the year (such as her birthday and Valentine's Day) and hates villains who ruin them. She and Spyro fall in love in some "Saved World" endings. She is playable in the final battle alongside Spyro if the player manages to reach it as well as some Failure storylines.
- Flame is a red male dragon who is around the same age as Spyro and Ember. He tries to save the world too, but not as actively as Spyro and Ember. He is playable in some Failure storylines.
- Hunter the Cheetah is a male cheetah who is skilled in archery. He helps Spyro in some levels and is playable in the Hunter ending storyline.
- Sgt. Byrd is a male penguin with a jet pack. He appears as an ally in some levels and can be playable in a Failure storyline if the player fails enough times as Hunter.
- Blink the Mole is a male mole who spends most of his time underground.
The endings are based on the player's choices and skills.
Saved World endings Edit
- Shared requirements to all: Spyro manages to collect 40 Orbs and reach Malefor's Lair by February 29th and he wins the final battle.
These are the endings where Spyro manages to save the world.
Escape endings Edit
- Shared requirements to all: Spyro doesn't manage to collect 40 Orbs and/or reach Malefor's Lair by February 29th but he manages to escape.
These are the endings where Spyro fails to save the world but manages to escape.
Destroyed World endings Edit
These are the endings where Spyro is destroyed with the world.
Failure endings Edit
- Shared requirements to all: Spyro fails too many times before Malefor's Lair.
These are the endings where Spyro dies before he manages to reach Malefor's Lair and others decide to continue the quest.
Total Failure ending Edit
- This is the second game where a character's birthday is revealed. The first one is Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, where Hunter's birthday is mentioned.