Super Smash Bros. Universal Battle is a new game for Summer 2020. It started development in 2014, but announced in Q3 2015. This is for the Wii, DS, Wii U, 3DS and J-Storm.
The roster is listed in franchise order.
The development was resetted for 2 times, but the creator said that this will their final reset.
- On October 29th, 2015, Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pikachu, Pit and Fox McCloud were returning, shown in a 1-minute to 2-minute trailer, with the new designs of the characters. They also announced that every week, 1 character will be shown.
- On November 5th, 2015, Sonic was confirmed to return. This also marks the earliest third-party confirmation.
- On November 13th, 2015, Blaze from the Sonic the Hedgehog sereis was confirmed to appear. Also, Sakurai apologised of revealing Blaze one day late.
- On November 19th, 2015, Captain Falcon was confirmed to return. Sakurai also stated that 10 characters will be cut.
- On November 26th, 2015, Charizard was confirmed to return.
- On August 5th, 2016, the game was announced to be scrapped, due to the fact that the development team just ignored the project.
Except for Battlefield and Final Destination, all stages are listed down here.