Underworld is an open-world third person shooter video game. It was released for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The plot follows a player-created protagonist, with 4 voice options for each gender, who seeks to make a name for himself and rise to the top of Goldbay City's food chain. The player can choose a gang style: Italian mafia, American mob, African-american mob or with customized presets. The chosen gang style impacts on the starting district and right-hand man the player receives.
More to be added soon...
- Player character: Returning to town, he seeks to climb up the food chain up to the top.
- Mr. Roth: The most influential crime boss in town, leader of Roth Crime Syndicate, also known as "the Royals".
- Nelson Green: A powerful crime boss, leader of the African-American Mob, which has many members, both in the organized crime and in the street hustling.
- Walter Marshall: The Police Commissioner, heavily affiliated with the organized crime.
- Antonio Vislumbre: Don of the Vislumbre crime family and one of the three top bosses, though he is the oldest one around.
- Right-hand man: The player character's old friend and right-hand man, having different names in accordance to the player's gang style.
- Jack Roth: Mr. Roth's son, as deadly as his father.
- Leo Smith: The owner of Smith Scrapyard and Auto, and a known underworld mechanic.
- Benny Rouston: One of the city's biggest smugglers, responsible for many of the guns around.
- Doctor Packard: An underworld surgeon and a large asset of all the mobs.
- Bill Fitzwilliams: The deputy commissioner, even more crooked than his superior.
- Lou Marcheti: A capo in the Vislumbre crime family.
- Hsang-Si: The boss of the Triads, a known butcher and murder-happy man.
- Eddie Kang: A Triad lieutenant, known to be more sane than his boss.
- William White: A doctor and scientist of reputation, but very crooked behind-the-scenes.
- Clyde Racine
- Amateur boss: The first gang boss the player, whose identity varies in accordance to the player's gang style.
- The Barkeep: A barkeeper under the amateur boss, and the first target killed in the game.
There are plenty of player choices throughout the storyline, some of them having minor consequences while other have great impact on the progress. The storyline is divided in six Acts, and there are various optional missions that increase the player's influence, gain access to additional guns and vehicles, unlock new assets and so on.
- Prologue: Arriving at Goldbay City, the protagonist meets with an old friend of his, who gives him the details about the neighborhood and how the crime boss here is an amateur and easily replaceable.
- Hitting the Bar: The neighborhood bar is the most common meeting place for criminals and their associates, and a good way to begin your conquest by convincing thugs to join you and befriending assets. Time to hit the bar and get if for yourself.
- Street Showdown: The bar takeover was noticed by the gang leader, who now seeks to end you permanently. With your newly-acquired "associates", show him that you're not to be messed with.
- First Cut of the Cake: With your rival defeated and his thugs scared, get what's left of his gang and dominate the rest of the district, assigning people to different positions and showing your influence.
- Predator and Prey: Meet with the nearby crime leader Preston Wilson, who called you after seeing your quick seizing of the first neighborhood.
- Fierceness: Deal with the loose ends and enemies you've gotten so far, and go to your first Underworld Meeting.
- A Business Opportunity: Meet with smuggler and underworld businessman Benny Rouston and listen to his offer, a ransom related to the Triads, and effect it.
- Stalking the Prey: Follow Susan to her Triad boyfriend's safehouse, shoot the place up, and snatch her for the ransom.
- Bull at a China Town: Go with Rouston to Eddie Kang, a more tactical Triad member, to discuss a possible alliance to make the deal easier and possibly take down Hsang-Si, the wretched Triad boss.
- Crossed Daggers: Disguise yourself to infiltrate the Crimson Dragon Restaurant with Eddie and steal some of Hsang-Si's private documents and blackmail.
- The Deal: Time to make the deal, meet Rouston at the Docks to trade the girl to Hsang-Si for money, with his incriminating documents as insurance.
- A Savage Soul: Chase Hsang-Si to his slaughterhouse and deal with him for good.
- More Cuts of the Pie: With Hsang-Si and his lieutenants dead, choose what to do with Eddie and Chinatown now that you have some influence in it.
- The Big Bosses: Your quick actions have attracted the attention of Mr. Roth, Nelson Green and Don Vislumbre. Meet with them and further your knowledge about the ropes of business.
All weapons in the game, both ranged and melee, are divided in four categories: poor, basic, advanced and military. They can have mods attached either through buying them or using resources obtained in smuggling missions.
There are four gun slots. One is only for handguns, while the rest can be used with any weapon, but only one heavy weapon can be equipped at a time. Only one type of explosive can be equipped at a time.
- .38 pistol
- Rusty revolver
- Double-barrel shotgun
- Homemade bolt-action rifle
- Molotov cocktail
- .45 pistol
- .32 revolver
- Pump-action shotgun
- Hunting rifle
- Baseball bat
- .45 advanced
- .357 magnum
- Riot shotgun
- Sniper rifle
- M4 carbine
- Frag grenade
- RPG-7 (heavy)
- Police baton
- Combat knife
- Desert Eagle
- .44 magnum
- Vector .45
- Military shotgun
- Combat sniper
- Assault carbine
- Grenade launcher (heavy)
- .50 MG (heavy)
- Shock baton
- Trench knife
- Goldbay City
- Downtown: The commercial center of the city.
- The Docks: The port, where many shady businesses occur at night.
- Northpoint: A newer section, full of construction sites and stores.
- South Beach: A bad neighborhood, located near the port.
- Beach Island: Near South Beach, another bad neighborhood.
- Little Italy: Italian concentration center.
- Falcon Point: Near Little Italy, home to low-class italians and other immigrants.
- Chinatown: The Chinese concentration neighborhood, ruled by the Triads.
- Square Row: Near Downtown, a middle-class residential and business area.
- Industrial District: The industrial center of the city.
- Sparklight Hills: The town's upper class neighborhood.